Due to COVID-19 concerns, the library has guidelines.
For example, we have special hours for seniors and time limits on computers. If you’d like to pick up books or make an appointment, let us know.
We’ll review every day for the next few weeks and update as needed. Thank you for supporting your library!
No more than 10 people in the building at a time.
- No public restroom at this time.
- Meeting room closed, except by appointment.
- Tablets are unavailable for now.
- No children without parent or guardian present.
- Limit time spent inside to no more than 45 minutes per day.
Senior only hours: 8:00 am- 10:00 am
Hours for everyone else: 10:00 am-4:30 pm
Computer use limited to NO MORE THAN 30 minutes per person per day – appointments available, please call.
Minimum 20 minutes between computer users for disinfecting.
Curbside pickup is available for book checkout – call and let me know what you want, and I will get it ready for you and leave on bench outside for you to pick up.
Call for an Appointment
If you would like non-public browsing time to select your books, please call for an appointment.
For appointments or curbside pickup, call (405) 867-4748
The library is getting a grant through the Institute of Museums and Library Services via the Oklahoma Department of Libraries to offer eBooks, audio books and more to our community.
All you will need is a library card in good standing. You’ll be pleased with the huge selection of titles, as the library is joining a healthy group of other Oklahoma public libraries to share the resources. There are also special collections for kids and for teens. Soon you will be able to stream and download eBooks and more to your favorite device.
Best of all – The OK Virtual Library is always open and there are no late fees!
Check back with us soon for more details and expected launch date.
We’re not there yet, but you can take a look at OK Virtual Library to see what’s available.
We’ve picked out a few of our favorite tips from around the web and rounded them up here.
6 Simple Ways to Encourage Reading
- Let your kids have their very own library card.
- Let your kids pick out their own books.
- Have a “no electronics” time set aside for creative play or reading.
- Sing a book together.
- Be reading buddies. Take turns reading out loud.
- Read to your pets or find a ‘read to a dog’ program.
How do you keep your kids involved in reading?